WHAT WE DO
As the name implies, the main focus of the SIC team is the management of athletes of all levels, from the ‘weekend warrior’ to those in a more professional setting. Treatment is, however, not limited to sports injuries or those participating in a sporting environment.
The team is made up of six physiotherapists and three biokineticists.
We commonly manage:
- Sports injuries:
running, rugby, soccer, dancing, climbing, rowing, surfing, swimming, musicians, cycling, hockey, etc.
- Soft tissue injuries:
muscles, tendons and ligaments
- Disorders of the back and neck:
back and neck pain, sciatica, disc prolapse, osteoarthritis
- Rehabilitation post-surgery:
cartilage or ligament repair, disectomy
- Whiplash injuries of the neck
- Work-related repetitive strain and overuse injuries
- Postural dysfunction and headaches
- Fitness and training programmes (biokineticist) inclusive of bicycle setup
- Shoe assessments and advice (biokineticist)